Saturday, February 13, 2010

About my valentine...

You never know when you’re going to bump into your best friend in life. The place, the circumstances, what drew you together, what fuels that relationship over time?

I am a very lucky man; I married my best friend. It wasn’t the first time for either one of us, but it was the right time for both of us. Our story of how, when, and where we met is a great story that will wait for another time. On Valentines Day the story for me is what fuels the relationship.


So how do I begin, or how do I tell a story in a short blog format, knowing that the details would fill a book. I can’t; I won’t try. The best I can do in this space is say; here are just a few of things I most admire about my dearest valentine.


My valentine loves me unconditionally. She shares my life, my space, my bed, and most of all fills my heart with joy. She picks me up when I stumble, tends to me when I am sick, and makes me hopeful when I am down. I am so grateful that I found an intelligent, funny, sarcastic, and clever woman to inspire my life. Generous by nature, creative in spirit, my companion, wife and best friend, shines with an inner glow that spreads warmth to anyone fortunate enough to cross her path.


As this is an observational humor blog, I would like to tell you she listens. However, that’s not going to happen. She’s a red head, and as reputations go, they are a little strong willed as we all know.


This is my valentine, my best friend, my soul mate, my rock, and the love of my life.


I love you Ms Teri!

Buzzard

No comments: