Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beginning is easy - continuing hard

I enjoy a good expression of thought when found. You may just stumble across many such expressions scattered among my rants, ramblings, or amusements as we travel forward in time.

The actor Jeremy Irons said, "We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams."

My time machine gets stuck or lost now and then. I know this has happened when I begin to tell a story about my best friend, but can't remember his name. Worse yet I have found, is snapping out of a daydream during a drive into a sudden moment of dire panic by not recognizing where the hell you are. I once had an elderly business acquaintance give me specific directions to a location, using a downtown movie theater and hotel as landmarks placing me in the right spot. After driving around the area for an hour, a gentleman I stopped for help, was kind enough to let me know that my friend's time machine had stopped more than twenty years prior, when both landmark buildings had been torn down.

I begin this blog in the hope my time machine can touch a few memories, or expose a dream or two. Beginning, is said to be easy, continuing the journey is sometimes hard...

No comments: